Wednesday, September 10, 2014

There's a Baby

Baby Z, as he will be known on my blog*, was born on Saturday Sept. 6th.  We are home, he seems to have a 9pm-12am witching hour(s) and has developed a bit of diaper rash.  Other than that he's really cute and cuddly.

Baby X is doing pretty well with a new baby taking away attention. Having more difficult bedtimes (to be expected), and a couple of world-class tantrums, but overall not too bad.

I'm still trying to wrap up some work from when I was wholly unproductive for like a month straight and am kicking myself.

Have I mentioned my house looks like a bomb hit it? We really weren't ready for this in the detail sense. In the global sense, yes, but the actual execution of two kids sharing a room so where does everything go? Nope. And when there's crap everywhere not put away, I get cranky.

Then there's that not sleeping so great thing.

And, J hasn't signed termination papers yet. While the hospital experience was positive and completely different than last year with D, there's still a question. Quite a few people know about this match, and that the baby was born, but I haven't sent an e-mail announcement to extended family/friends/colleagues yet. Just waiting for those magic words that we are in the clear.

More to come. I'm just fried, and then there's that work thing that has to be done.



*I seriously thought about using Baby Y, but then people might think he's a girl. The overthinking I do!

12 comments:

  1. So glad baby Z arrived safely. I hope you get the final word soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saying prayers for you and your family. Going from toddler to toddler + newborn was really hard for me. I'm not sure what I expected, but it was rough for the first four months. Then it got a tiny bit easier every month. Then a hired a house cleaning service. Best thing ever. Now I don't even think about keeping the house clean, just organized.

    I've been thinking of you. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I 've been waiting for this! What a whirlwind first few days . Wishing you all the best as you navigate these early (sleep-deprived !) days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for baby snuggles! Good luck with the TPR.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yay for this update! I will keep hoping and praying that everything goes smoothly. It IS amazing how one little person can wreak such havoc on a home. I'm so glad you are able to snuggle with him...so precious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been thinking about you a lot. I hope it all goes smoothly and the TPR gets signed soon! Glad you are getting baby snuggles. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the update! My thoughts are with you and I hope everything goes as expected!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cautiously excited for you guys! And good luck navigating these crazy newborn days.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Praying you have those papers in hand soon so you can breathe a little bit lighter. YAY for figuring out logistics like your TWO KIDS sharing a room. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hoping you have those papers signed soon and that sweet baby in your arms forever!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, you've been on my mind all week. I'm glad to read this update :-)

    Continued best wishes to all involved. And wishes for sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How long do you have to wait? Sending you good vibes! Glad baby Z is here in this world and is healthy!

    ReplyDelete