Wednesday, May 29, 2013

He Waited a Day

This morning while S was on the way to work and I was herding Seth* (formerly Baby X) out the door, the phone call came. D was in the hospital and birth was imminent. Get ready!

After dropping Seth off at daycare, I met S at home and exchanged several phone calls with our caseworker. We decided to meet at 9:30am at the hospital so that she could check on D and talk with the hospital social worker before bringing us into the mix. 

At 9:45 am we met Calvin (bouncing baby boy)  for the first time.  D was worried about going into labor yesterday because she didn't want to mess up Seth's birthday. So, he waited a day and Seth got a day at the zoo, plus some birthday cake!

*i decided to go with pseudonyms on the blog. Names we liked but didn't fit either baby.  

13 comments:

  1. Aww...congrats! Been thinking of you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Assuming Calvin is the name of your new baby boy? Huge congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!!! What a journey! I can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that was quick! So the birthdays are a day apart then? Glad Seth was able to have some time at the zoo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! Waiting with bated breath!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been stalking! So glad to hear your baby is here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been stalking! So glad to hear everything is okay and you have a little boy in your arms!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been stalking your blog! Glad to hear everything is okay and you have a baby boy in your arms.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh! I hope everything keeps going well! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete