Monday, June 8, 2015

#MicroblogMondays - Metric Century

Pikes Peak. Look at all that snow! This is the part of the ride when I was feeling good and pumped up

Top of the last uphill. 2.5 miles up, not too steep, but a grind in granny gear after riding 50 hilly miles. About 10 miles left in the ride and I had to convince myself to turn my pedals. My knees hurt so bad. So, so, so bad...

Post-ride snack waiting for S to finish his 100-mile ride. Not exactly what I should've fueled with, but I had it from one of my aid station stops. Grabbed it for emergency food if I ran out.  



Stats from Map My Ride:
  • Average speed - 12.6 miles/hr (I paused recording during stops at aid stations)
  • Fastest speed - 38.6 mile/hr (I'm not sure I believe this, cause I'm a speed weenie and usually slow down at 25). But, there was one freshly paved, wide open, straight downhill that I had a ton of fun on. Perhaps I did go that fast.
  • Calories burned - about 3,000. Map My Ride calc'd 2451, my heart rate monitor was higher, but I forgot to turn off my HR monitor for an hour after and it recorded calories while I was standing around. So, my guess is 3,000. 
  • Elevation gain 3642 feet. Lots of rolling hills. A few steeps that sucked. Good times.
  • Time 5 hours, 3 minutes. 63.71 miles.

My stats today:
  • Exhausted. More coffee please
  • Knees hurt. Iced last night and it didn't do much.
  • Butt is sore. Go figure.
  • Lower back is sore.
  • Upper back is tight.
  • The thought of getting on my bike again makes me want to vomit.
  • I'll be on it tomorrow to start working on hills.  I need so much help on hills.
  • I registered for a century ride in August. What was I thinking?
Don't know what #MicroblogMondays are? Click here and check it out!

7 comments:

  1. Wow! So impressive! You'll be ready by August. Not a problem. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! I'm not envious though. My bike and I just don't get along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Just wow. Sincerely impressed and humbled. Cause wow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are my hero. I'm so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you! I'm impressed. I'm the sort who would have walked my bike up the hills :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh. My. Goodness! Look at you! Amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete