Monday, January 5, 2015

#MicroblogMonday - Goals

Stirrup-Queens


2014 ended with me letting it all go. Over the last two weeks I ate and drank whatever I wanted without really thinking about it. It was liberating in a way, but my body has a way of telling me that enough is enough. I gained a few pounds on top of the 6 I had already put on, and shockingly, the thought of fudge and cookies is no longer enticing. I feel tired and drained from too much junk food.

I don't normally have resolutions, and this year is no different. What I do have are goals. After hitting a high of 38 miles on my road bike last year, I've caught the cycling bug. This year I have two goals; Metric century (62 miles) and a century (100 miles) rides. After multiple conversations around my excitement to push myself and do something that's challenging, S bought me the perfect gift to get started.



Now I feel bad about my gift post because the bike trainer was a fun surprise on Chris.tmas day!

10 comments:

  1. Love it! I'm back on the workout wagon too, and it feels SO GOOD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great gift! I really hit a wall with 2014 too. Hoping for better things in 2015. I have goals rather than resolutions too! Good luck with yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great gift! Hope getting back on the wagon is a smooth transition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Work it, girlfriend! Achieving my running goals was always so empowering that the health benefits were always just an added bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! That is awesome! I used to cycle a lot--a rode quite a few centuries and some 170+ over two days rides. I wish I could train like that again, because there is nothing quite as freeing as jumping on a biking and just riding.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It will be good to get back on the saddle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! Congratulations on your awesome new gift, and on your goals for 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's gorgeous!

    I'll be cheering you on in your goals. Maybe my husband will be at the same events!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations -- yay to new goals!

    Today was supposed to be my day that I got back into exercise/eating right. And, of course, we had a snow day. So I'm still off-schedule :-) Well, here's to tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh, lovely! Fantastic! I'd love a trainer for my bike - of course, I'd have to get on it ...but there are no hills in my living room!

    ReplyDelete