I've neglected my tomato plant along with all other flowering plants in my backyard for the better part of a month. Somebody should tell that to the tomato plant.
I travel for work tomorrow, and I'm not looking forward to it even though I'm presenting a paper at a conference. A year ago when it came up, I was eager to jump on the chance to get another paper published in conference proceedings and didn't hesitate to say yes. That was when I was sure that baby #2 would be in our home by the spring. Well, Baby Z is only 6 weeks old and I have to leave S to fend for himself with 2 kids until Friday. The guilt is immense.
Don't know what #MicroblogMondays is? Check it out at Stirrup Queens here

Jealous of the tomatoes! We had to let our garden die because of the water restrictions/rate hikes here. Don't feel guilty...it's exciting to get a paper published and presented! Have a good time!
ReplyDeleteHear you on the travel guilt. Even though I never feel put-out when it's the other way around.
ReplyDeleteI wish I had your green thumb. Plants do not flourish here.
I understand ... though it's also potentially nice, in some ways, for him to have that time just with the two of them himself. Much work as six week old babies are. :)
ReplyDeleteI have some neglected basil. Which would go quite well with your tomatoes.
Ha! Just like a plant. Stress it out and it bears fruit (I'm willing to bet if you nurtured it, you would have more vine and less fruit).
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the traveling and the conference.
Don't feel guilty, just do like your tomato plant and shine. Your hubby will just come to love and appreciate his family even more than he does now.
ReplyDelete