Monday, October 27, 2014

#MicroblogMonday - Conferences and Texting


It's a great combination. Unlimited texting, a contractor-driven engineering conference, and a fellow engineer for a husband. Here's a snippet of my observations from the conference I attended last week.



Conference Day 1:

“I corrected my name tag a few weeks ago. Messed it up anyway”

“How’s it going? They don’t have enough seats for lunch! It’s a mess”


“Hey Atlanta makes a pretty good pale ale.  I’m checking out hotel restaurants. Last night Hilton. Tonight Hyatt.”


“I hate going to these things when I don’t know anyone”



Conference Day 2

“In a session now. Wheeee. Forgot business cards and now 4 people have asked for it. Dammit.”


“I got confused with a young female engr who also spoke yesterday. Kind of flattering considering I’m 10 yrs older than her. Of course she has sholder length straight hair. Guys are so not observant”


“Funny thing. I keep meeting guys who I feel I’ve met before except I haven’t. Middle aged beer bellies make for similar looking dudes. Hahahaha.”


“X has an apt with dentist on Monday at 9am.”


“Some dude just called non destructive testing ‘something that’s near and dear to my heart. He needs to get out more”


“Cool project where they had to helicopter everything in to build foundation for transmission lines. 9 months construction. Of course they had a video with inspirational music a la Chariots of Fire”


“And lets all give a standing ovation to yet another gray hair for being in the industry for a long time”

Don't know what #MicroblogMondays is? Check it out here


2 comments:

  1. I just commented but it was eaten by the webernets. I like the one where you were confused for the other woman. Men are not observant at all when it comes to that stuff. My husband can tell you every detail about the car someone drives but didn't notice until a Sunday night that I got about 4 inches of my hair cut off on Friday afternoon. I hope he's never a witness to a crime. :-)

    ReplyDelete