Saturday, January 18, 2014

Seven Years

That's how long we've been trying to build a family.  I know that others have been trying much longer than us, but to me, this is ridiculous.  When we were waiting for Baby X, S went through a period of malaise lamenting that he wouldn't have a child before age 40.  Luckily for him, it happened right before that particular milestone came about.  Now that I'm on the cusp of 40, I'm going through the same thing.  I can't believe that I'm going to be 40 before I have another child.  When I was 32 going on 33 and thinking it seemed like a good time to start a family, I never thought it would take this long.

I'm guessing that's a familiar sentiment among the ALI community.


5 comments:

  1. I'm 50 and I have a 4 year old. I didn't see that coming. I married at 38 and spent 7 years and I won't even tell you how much money....I can't tell you how much NOT fun that was. Hahaha. Yes, indeed it is a familiar sentiment in this community.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. I turned 40 in October. I had #2 just before then. Barely. I like one of the old moms. :-/

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was in my early 20's, I said I was going to have my first at 26 and my second at 28. Well, at 28 I had zero kids and a divorce. I was like you, 30 sounded like a good time to start a family with a new marriage. My first kid was born when I was 35 but didn't come home until I was 37. Good things come to those who wait? Bah humbug.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We began the process in our early twenties and brought home a wee one at age 35 for me, 37 for my husband.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh, I'm so sorry you're still waiting for #2. The ALI journey just sucks so much of the time.

    ReplyDelete