Sunday, January 5, 2014

What 2014 is Going to Bring

Maybe it's because I'm looking for others who had crappy years, but I feel in good company now that I've read others feel that 2013 sucked.  Maybe because I read that 2013 was going to be difficult, I made it so.  Eh, that doesn't change that we had a failed match, which ultimately colored the last 6 months of the year, and that we are dealing with the terrible twos.

The only way to go from here is up.  I'm hopeful that we have a successful match sooner than later.  I know that in a few short months I will suddenly be one of the most senior engineers in my group thanks to retirements (eek!).  That's a scary prospect, but it's also what I want.  2014 will bring more toddlerhood issues that S and I will have to work through together.  Hold on until age 5 is becoming my mantra.


6 comments:

  1. I'm hoping that 2014 will be awesome for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that all the time. It will happen in April for us, and w/age 5 come kindergarten and both my husband (who is an engineer too) and I are finding ourselves so sad about our baby taking a school bus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No time to blog myself, but sneaking a chance to read here and there. I feel you on 2013. It WAS a tough year. And toddlerhood…well, just know that I feel ya! Hang in there. And I promise to get to that Sunshine Award this year, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think "hold on" in general is probably the way to go ... and also remember to breathe. 2013 was a pretty sucky year for quite a few of us. But things began to resolve towards the end of the year, and I have hope for what this year will bring. Sending best wishes your way, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. even until 4 is good - not even 5. that shaves a year off right there...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wasn't a big fan of 2013 but my 2012 was way worse. And I'm holding on til kindergarten starts....

    ReplyDelete