a) If they move up the list at the current pace how long until they are No. 10?
No. of spots moved: 45-22 = 23
Time spent on wait list: 10 months
23/10 = 2.3 spots per month
23-10 = 13
13/2.3 = 5.6 months.
They will be No. 10 in mid-December 2013.
(not bad, not bad at all)
b) If they need to be at spot No. 10 to have a snowball's chance in hell of being profiled to expectant parents and the pace slows down to half, how long until they are No. 10?
23-10 = 13
13/1.1 = 12 months
They will be No. 10 in August 2014.
(blech)
I guess I've narrowed it down to one year. Not helpful!
Hopefully it moves fast and baby 2 joins you very very soon. Waiting is so very hard. Especially after already having to endure infertility. It's like insult to injury.
ReplyDeleteLoved your Monday Snapshot on PAIL!!
man oh man, I have been re-reading all of your posts and we are living a very very similar existence as of recently. We adopted baby #1, want to pursue baby #2, costs are a factor... and we took a side trip back into pursuing ART only to decide, nah, it's not worth the emotional or financial toll for a chance. (I think anyways.) It's a real roller coaster. Now we are just trying to figure out how to adopt again as finances are an issue but that adoption credit helps a whole bunch. Anyways, just wanted to say I am catching up and someone out there understands EXACTLY.
ReplyDeleteLove seeing another enginerd mind at work. ;) It's in my blood too to plot and calculate and analyze everything.
ReplyDeleteHoping your error analysis is overestimated and your wait ends this year.