Two engineers get married, delay baby-making and get hit with the unexplained infertility stick. Eight years: multiple failed cycles; 3 failed IUI's; 1 long adoption wait and successful adoption (Baby X); 2nd long adoption wait, 1 failed placement, 1 failed match and finally 1 successful placement (Baby Z). This is my story.
S's family has not said one word of support to me about the failed placement. My parents act like everything is back to normal. At work, I'm getting a whole lot of side-eye and avoidance.
Ugh. I'm sorry you are dealing with unsupportive people. That does suck. I get that people might not know what to say, but how hard is it to say, I'm sorry and ask someone how they are doing? You've had a very real loss and I can't imagine not having that loss acknowledged. Hang in there.
Oh my gosh. I am so sorry. It sucks when people aren't supportive. No matter the circumstances of disruption, the hopeful adoptive parents always feel grief and it should be acknowledged. I am so sorry. :-(
That sucks. For what it's worth, I have been thinking about you and wondering how you are coping with this loss ever day. Best wishes for your healing.
Ugh. I'm sorry you are dealing with unsupportive people. That does suck. I get that people might not know what to say, but how hard is it to say, I'm sorry and ask someone how they are doing? You've had a very real loss and I can't imagine not having that loss acknowledged. Hang in there.
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh. I am so sorry. It sucks when people aren't supportive. No matter the circumstances of disruption, the hopeful adoptive parents always feel grief and it should be acknowledged. I am so sorry. :-(
ReplyDeleteThat sucks. For what it's worth, I have been thinking about you and wondering how you are coping with this loss ever day. Best wishes for your healing.
ReplyDeleteI remember that awkwardness at work so well... hugs to you my friend.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry. I know it's hard when people don't know what to say or just decide to ignore it. I hope you and your family are getting through all right.
ReplyDelete