Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Mini-Vent - Gl.ee

WTF.  I caught up on the show last night and almost yakked up my dinner when Quinn talked about getting full custody of the baby she placed.  Two major things wrong with the episode:

1. The adoptive mom is being portrayed as a saint.

2. The stereotype of the crazy teenage birthmother is alive and kicking.

Until that particular scene I thought the episode was doing an ok job with the storyline.

Fuckity fuck fuck fuck

They better fix it in the next ep or, or, or...well, really what am I going to do?  Write about it on FB?  That'll probably get them more ratings.  Write a letter to Fox and Ryan Murphy? Please, that will get tossed in the circular file.

6 comments:

  1. I know, that storyline is making me crazy too. They are really not handling it well. They also kept saying that Idina's character "gave Rachel up for adoption" when in fact she was the egg donor--really not the same thing. I just kept shouting at the TV!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tuned in for one second and saw some of it and thought it was awful! Ugh. We should complain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just to clarify, she was not the egg donor. She was a traditional surrogate. Rachel was her biological baby and she gave birth to her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot that Shelby was a surrogate. When she was talking to Quinn, they sure made it sound like a different situation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like you, I thought they were doing well with the complexities of adoption until that last bit where Quinn showed her hidden intentions.

    Ugh. You're right about this: what can ya do? Besides not watch and not talk about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have quit watching that show from the previous week when they first mentioned getting full custody! I've ranted about it to lots of non adoption people and none of them are getting what a big deal it is! UGH

    ReplyDelete