Oh Gre.ys...
Seriously???
OMFG, I just don't know where to start. I'm talking about...
A GIANT SINKHOLE THE SIZE OF A CITY BLOCK. *headdesk*
I feel the need to put on my engineer-hat for this one:
Geology: Sea.ttle is underlain by gravels, sands, silts and clays left behind by several rounds of glaciation. Not particularly susceptible to massive sinkhole development. Especially a massive sinkhole 50 feet deep.
Engineering: A water main break going for weeks without anyone noticing? Water main breaks have a pretty good way of letting you know they exist. You know, by flooding the area where the break occurred. I can't come up with a reason why a water main would be buried so deep that it wasn't found for weeks, and it managed to scour enough soil away to form a void the size of a city block. Water mains are buried only a few feet underground. Not 50 feet.
More Engineering: Where did they get the clean, dry sand to bury that kid in? If it were truly a sinkhole caused by a water main break, I'm pretty sure that all the soils would be saturated.
More Geology: Sea.ttle has the Cas.cadian Subd.uction Zone Earthquake to worry about. The Juan de Fuca plate is being pushed under the North American plate resulting in the potential for a 9.0 Magnitude (or higher) earthquake. This is a real geologic hazard, and quite frankly, they should have done this story. Maybe that'll be the season finale?
I thought the same thing!!! *Shakes head*
ReplyDeleteI'm over a season behind on Grey's but I get the drift. I LOVE THIS POST. Do they think that engineers don't watch TV? Imagine how much of the medical stuff is out of whack!!
ReplyDeleteLOL! But how could the hospital withstand a mag 9 quake? Maybe the whole area will e wiped out by said quake in the season finale, but the doctors survive and save the city. And then relocate to Boston for the next season.
ReplyDeleteIts storylines like this and other ones that have turned me away from watching Grey's. But I can see that being an Engineer and have them insult your intelligence would be a major turn off.
ReplyDeleteHee! And, yikes. I didn't know about that fault.
ReplyDeleteI learned something here!
ReplyDeleteYou are so smart.