The cast of characters:
Geochick – Me. New mom, engineer, former jazze.rcise instructor, current jazze.rcise, zu.mba and yo.ga student. Trying to figure out how to fit it all in.
S – My husband, also an engineer. He’s playing stay at home dad until Thanksgiving. Score!
Baby X – Our baby boy, born on May 28th, we met him on June 14th, and our placement ceremony was on June 15th. You can read all about our whirlwind of a weekend here.
C – Baby X’s first-mom. We’re in the beginning stages of open adoption (currently semi-open working through the agency and her counselor) and have our second meet up with her in a few weeks.
There’s a nice and neat timeline on the “My Story” tab for the gory details of our adoption wait.
Currently, my blog is transitioning from ranting, irritable, pissed off at the world infertile woman to working mommy-land. Still ranting, still get pissed off. Trying not to be too baby-centric as I know how hard it is to be in the adoption wait and read all about how great the new baby is. I’m having some difficulty transitioning as I figure out how to talk about our experiences with being in a multi-racial adoption (our parents just don’t understand), a semi-open adoption (most people just don’t understand), and how my personality is actually becoming an asset as we enter this unknown world.
Happy ICLW! I am so glad that things are going well with Baby X.
ReplyDeleteHere from ICLW! How cool that your husband is a stay at home dad! I look forward to reading your blog!
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to reading more of your blog! Here from ICLW and currently matched with a bm and awaiting placement. We will have an open adoption and be a multi-racial family, so I look forward to following you story! Not everyone knows we are matched so if you visit my blog please keep it a secret, shhh! ;) Happy ICLW!
ReplyDeleteHappy ICLW! We recently adopted as well. It's amazing!
ReplyDeleteI have truly appreciated how much the blogging community has embraced me and encouraged us through infertility and into our adoption process. We are mid-homestudy right now and eager to be 'officially waiting'. It can be hard when those you love do not understand without explanation but I have enjoyed educating those who are curious by sharing our story and hope they will be an encouragement to others in their lives going through similar situations.
ReplyDeleteHere from ICLW. Just read the post about your match. What an incredible story. I can't imagine having to transition so quickly. My little guy was conceived from an adopted embryo & was born July 3, 2011. I'm back to work but my husband stays home two days a week with him.
ReplyDeleteGlad to find you on ICLW. You have such an inspiring story! I look forward to following your blog.
ReplyDeleteCarmela
ICLW #77