I'm still being whiny
The laundry list of what's supposed to be off my diet:
Sugar and any version thereof
Beer and Wine - wah
Vinegar
Tomato sauce
Peanuts
Mushrooms
Coffee and tea - uh, NO
Milk
Cheese
Butter
Fruit - all of it except really tart apples and white grapefruit
Soy sauce
Bread made with yeast
Processed meats (lunch meat, etc)
Hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated oils.
Processed foods (crackers, chips, all the easy snack stuff)
Artificial sweeteners and sugar alcohols.
Brewers yeast (duh)
Some say starchy veggies like corn, carrots and potatos
Some also say any flour
Eating at a restaurant - laughable really
When I've followed it before I've managed to only follow some of the rules because otherwise I'd go nuts. Typically these are the things I've been able to limit: sugar, mushrooms, fruit, milk, artificial sweetener, peanuts, vinegar (sort of). But to do a really "clean" diet is a bitch and a half. And this is at home, not traveling!
So far I've only really eliminated sugar because I'm not used to planning so much for snacks (the hardest part) so I end up eating crackers (trying to choose the yeast-free ones at least). And I'm working on the beer/wine part. Vodka soda is just so damn boring.
So, we'll be in N.Y.C in a few days...goddamn if I'm not going to eat a bagel and some pizza! Not to mention all the other yummy options I've been reading up on. In addition we'll also be in Bost.on the land of Dun.kin Do.nuts and fried clams. yum. And we're going to my cousin's wedding which has turned into major family drama. Ick, stressful. Not good timing. And after that trip comes the work travel. Then Halloween! You should see me stare longingly at those Ree.se's pb. cups. I hardly ever eat candy but I love little Halloween candies. *pout*.
Jeez, after the infertility and vulv.odynia bullshit you'd think I'd catch a break somewhere. Woe is me.
Oh yikes, that doesn't leave much, does it?
ReplyDeleteI hope you like bark (the tree kind)! Or maybe that has sugar in it too... LOL!
Have fun in NYC. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I get a taste of fall this weekend too.
What's left to eat? lol
ReplyDeleteGiving up the sugar when I have an infection has always been the hardest for me. In the past I have done the 7 day treatments and have done some things with yogurt other than eating it.
ReplyDelete:) I hope you aren't too miserable for your traveling.
Wow! I don't think I could survive having all of those things eliminated from my diet. I'm especially prone to cheating on the sugar b/c I love me some chocolate.
ReplyDeleteAs for the alcohol, my favorite adult bev is orange vodka and soda with an orange twist squeezed into the drink. It's so tasty!
Oh, I forgot to add that I love your new look! Fabulous!
ReplyDeleteMy gosh, that is all food! I couldn't handle the restricted diet I was told to eat for Crohn's, and it wasn't even HALF as bad yours. I really feel for you!
ReplyDelete