I feel like ranting and this is probably TMI but you don't have to read it. Just close the page right now and come back when I'm in a better mood. bye-bye. ;-)
I fucking hate yeast infections. Good, now I got the TMI part out in front.
For several years as a teenager I was on all kinds of antibiotics for acne. No one bothered to tell my mom, or me, the blind follower of 'better-living-through-chemicals' that I needed to be on shitloads of probiotics as well. Fast forward a few years and I had already had a handful of these damn things, and yet again, no one bothered to really impress upon me how much diet affects these things. It was always "shove these meds up your cooch for a few days and you'll be all better". I ate yogurt, I thought I was doing what I was supposed to...pbbbbttthhh.
Well, you know, we stop infertility treatments, we start the adoption process, stressful in itself and I stop paying close attention to my diet. Here I sit about a year and a half after stopping acu (not covered in my insurance so quite expensive for me) and I've been through 6 doses of fucking Di.flucan in 4 weeks. After not having any infections for years. Plus I've seen my acu and done some interesting treatments in the last week. Never thought I'd buy a sitz bath. I wanted to throw a ski mask on for the purchasing trip of that beauty. However, to no avail, THE BITCH IS BACK.
To top it off I travel on Saturday for two weeks (you know how awesome that is...eating out and all) and this week I'm in all-day meetings. Now I have to take off in the middle of the meeting to see my doctor and get a culture done and perhaps be put on long-term meds. I'm also trying to get in to see my acu before I go.
I have 5 plane flights in the next 2 weeks. This is going to be sooooo fun. All I want is a goddamn beer (or 5) and I can't drink it! Ok, not supposed to drink it. Kind of slipped over the weekend. Payback sucks.
Yeast infections do suck! The only thing that comes close to them are UTIs, which I've gotten chronically for oh...the last two decades. I feel your pain. Hopefully there is something that can help balance things out.
ReplyDelete:( I am in a bad mood today because of work, but I think your situation certainly tops mine.
ReplyDeleteI don't get infections often, but I have had two in the past five years...they were horrible. On the first one, after several visits to the family physician and several doses of Diflucan...I was almost in tears...would I ever be normal again? I ended up going to another doctor's office who wrote a Rx for Terconazole Cream (.4%). It worked. More recently I had another infection...same thing, made three visits to my family physican with no relief. I actually called back that other office to dig out my record and tell me what the Rx was...got it again...problem solved. If you haven't had this one, it might be worth a try asking your doctor. Like you, the Diflucan did nothing for me.
Hoping your problem is solved soon. It is no fun dealing with it. And certainly, adding work and travel is even worse. ((hugs))
KT - Oh, yeah, I'm wondering if my gyn will prescribe something different. I know she's going to do a culture to test for strains other than the usual. It'll be interesting if a different drug knocks it out. Meanwhile, I think I'll start drinking loads of Bio-K even though I already take probiotics daily.
ReplyDeleteHeather - yuck! I've heard you basically get one or the other and not often do women get both. Weird huh?
Thanks ladies, just needed to vent...