Our crappy washing machine konked out on Monday night. Now, while S could change out the drain pump since that's what broke, I'm pushing for getting a new machine. This one is just your bottom of the line basic energy hogging, water wasting POS. Luckily, he agrees but we need to make a decision fast!
So, anyone have a machine you love? Anyone buy a machine you thought you would love and then it ended up letting you down? We've looked at Con.sumer Repo.rts and unfortunately one of the ones they recommended is not liked by many people who've reviewed that model on epi.nions.
Man, between the washing machine, the work on the house, my car starting it's slow death (come on Toy.ota there's only 139,000 miles on it!) and saving for our final payment for the adoption I'm thinking that our super duper one-last-big-vacation to Ire.land ain't gonna happen. Meh. Maybe we'll manage to get ourselves to a beach instead. That would be ok. :)
I hear you on needing a blow out vacation. I don't have much advice on a washer. We have a whirlpool front loader that is great for size alone, but we have to leave the door open for a few hours after using it because of the mold factor. I suppose that's the case for any tightly sealed front loader though. I love the fact that we can stack our dryer on top of it though. We have them in the garage, so it's a space-saver for sure.
ReplyDeleteHappy belated birthday! My birthday is bad enough...I can't imagine having it close to mother's day as well. :\
And I am seriously addicted to the scrabble app on my touch and ipad. Love it!
Happy belated birthday!
ReplyDeleteI love our washer and dryer! I have to leave the washer front door open too (may be overkill here in not-so-humid CO, at least when it's not snowing), but I think the clothes are so much cleaner with the front-loading model, and it holds a ton. We have the LG "Tromm," bought a few years ago at Sears. Every once in a while I miss the steam feature that would have come on the upgraded dryer model but more often I am glad I didn't spend the extra money. Before you know it you'll be doing laundry almost every day and you're gonna need a good washer and dryer! Also if you don't need to stack the washer/dryer to save space, get the pedestals for extra storage and also to get the washer/dryer to a reasonable height.
Love our LGs. We got them at Home De.pot on a good sale. They're black (stays cleaner looking)front loaders; we didn't get the steam, fanci-shmancy ones but LOVE 'em none the less. We did splurge and get the drawers they sit on. It's nice to have the storage and not have to bed over so far. It changes the way you do laundry a little. You have to think about how stained things are and up the wash time sometimes. DON'T get anything that you fill up with soap and it self dispenses. I've heard awful things about those contraptions.
ReplyDeleteI have a Kenmore/Frigidaire front loader that was a Consumer Reports best buy in...2000! Yes, that's how long it's lasted us. (Though DH did have to repair the dryer a few times.) And though I love my little workhorse and would recommend it to anyone, for sure my next machine needs to have a soak cycle or some sort of soaking functionality.
ReplyDelete(Thanks for stopping by my blog.)
Another vote for LG. We got an LG front loader 6 or 7 years ago after our washer started smoking, and I still love it. We got the LG dryer at the same time, and I like it, but don't love it quite as much. We do leave our door open, on the washer to keep the mold too. Seems like that's something that happens with all the front loaders.
ReplyDelete