I feel a little blah. Ok, I feel a lot blah. I could potentially have a baby right now if we had said yes to being profiled. I know that agreeing to being profiled doesn't mean there would have been a match but there was a possibility. The up and down is worse than I thought it would be. I thought that after the homestudy and education classes this part would be a little easier. Not sure why I thought that, but it's not.And here's what turned my crappy-ass Monday morning into a better day. I received this e-mail from a friend of mine whom I haven't seen since the summer.
I'm trying to get psyched up for a baby shower in a couple of weeks but I don't want to go. All of our friends will be there and I feel like we've been avoiding them so it's the perfect opportunity to show our faces and remind them we're still alive and kicking. Guess I have to get over myself.
We are renting a condo in the mountains and it's turning out to be a crappy snow year! WTF. El Ni.no better kick it into high gear, and quickly.
S thinks the pumps in our heating system are starting to fail and are making some interesting (and loud) bonks, bangs and whistling sounds throughout the house. Here's the good thing about this scenario, at least he's a heating/ventilation/air conditioning engineer. There's a shiny new boiler in our garage just waiting to be installed after the heating season. FX'd we make it a couple more months.
I was thinking about you and S the other day and wanted to know if you guys wanted a baby shower. I would be happy to throw you one. We could do it before or after you know you are becoming parents. It is totally up to you. Regardless of how you become parents it is an exciting time and you should celebrate it. Let me know what you want do to and we can start planning it or hold off for awhile. It is your call.
Awww.....
I Capture
Perfect Moments.
Perfect Moments.

I'm visiting from Lori's Perfect Moment Monday (www.weebleswobblog.com) to check out your Perfect Moment!
ReplyDeleteFriends are the best!
Thanks for sharing your Perfect Moment...and showing me that even bad days are better...with a little help from our friends. :)
Awwww...that is a totally perfect moment and a very thoughtful friend you got yourself there!
ReplyDeleteSorry the day started out crappy. I know the blah feeling. I'm feeling that way too...kind of annoyed that we don't have any profiles out in the universe, but at the same time, that was OUR choice. Ugh.
Anyway, a planned getaway is always fun...even if there's no snow in the mountains. We always rent in the mountains where we are too and I would prefer no snow, but I'm not a skier or snowboarder:/
Back to the shower....have you decided if you want a baby shower before or after baby arrives?
I am so glad you have such a compassionate and caring friend.
ReplyDeleteBoo on all the other stuff! The Wait is just plain hard.
What a great friend. It's nice to know that someone was thinking of you guys and is excited to see you become parents.
ReplyDeleteHi, I found you through Stirrup Queens. We've adopted 2 ourselves, both boys, one from Ethiopia and our youngest domestically. Neither wait was fun and the thought of going to a baby shower, especially during the first time (when our wait kept being extended and it looked like new rules might bump us off the Ethiopia adoption list for a long time) was unimaginable. Much, much easier the second time around, not because we had a child at home but because we had the assurance that there really is an end and that dreams really do come true. I guess that's why I'm posting to give you some assurance that, yes, you will have a baby, and as much as you probably hate to hear "when the time is right" it's the truth. Someday, in the future (near future hopefully) your baby will be born and he or she will come home with you, and even though you'll always remember the pain you went through, it will be a dull pain given all the joy you'll have. And remember, you too are expecting. No you don't have a due date, and yeah it could be longer than 9 months from now, but you are still expecting dangit and you deserve a shower! I learned this the second time around, to believe in it, believe that we would certainly have our baby in the end, and to remind myself daily (or even more) that I was an expectant parent, just the same as any pregnant woman (well, okay, a little different!) and I could buy cute baby clothes, plan a shower, and coo over others' babies with the knowledge that I'd soon be holding mine, and that, seriously, mine would be cuter :) (and he totally is!)
ReplyDelete