Wednesday, January 27, 2010

"I planned the birth of my baby around the Su.per Bo.wl"

That's an actual quote I heard on the radio this morning.  I immediately had a few reactions.

1)  Lucky b!tch, you got to have your baby when you wanted to.
2)  Who the hell plans a baby around a football game!
3)  Hey, if I COULD plan, this would be, what the third Super-Bowl with our kid and hopefully another one on the way?  (I really must stop thinking like this)

Ugh.

Things are changing.  In a fit of trying to regain some control over my body which seems to be on a slow break-down lately I quit my 6am Jazz.ercise classes.  I'm replacing them with yoga.  Anyone ever been to a Core Pow.er studio?  Hopefully a couple times a week of yoga instead of jumping will help loosen up these rock-hard hips of mine and I can stop singlehandly helping my chiropractor save up for his kids' college fund.  haha.

I'll leave you with another choice quote from an acquaintance of mine:

"At least you aren't going to get fat and have stretch marks."   I was proud of myself, I didn't tear her head off.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you showed incredible self restraint...don't know if I could have kept from giving it to your acquaintance for that lovely comment.
    Love your first nursery furniture purchase!
    Just had to tell you I've really enjoyed reading your blog (my husband is also an engineer of the aerospace variety)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You showed a lot of restraint not tearing her head off. People just don't think before they speak.

    I was just at my chiropractor tonight. I'm restarting my yoga. I've never been to a CP studio...sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My, what restraint. For not swatting at your radio or your acquaintance.

    I'll be eager to hear how yoga goes for you. It's slow and steady, but it's made a world of difference in my hips.

    And, as all yoga teachers seem to say, "Happy hips, happy heart."

    ReplyDelete