Thursday, January 21, 2010

Why couldn't Roo's b-day be last week? and ICLW

A friend/acquaintance of mine is having a b-day party on Saturday night.  I haven't hung out with my Jazzer-girls for a few months so I'm really excited to go.  Even if it does involve country music.  Anyhoo, we stayed home last weekend because there was no snow, and right now it's snowing in the mountains!  A. LOT.  *sigh*  We are going up to the condo tomorrow night but now I'm feeling guilty because we're probably going to ski Va.il and we'll have to leave early and I'm dragging S to a country bar.

But not that guilty.

Since it's my first time participating in ICLW week I thought I'd list some random facts about myself so that you don't have to go searching through the blog to figure out what the heck I'm talking about.  :)

1.  We decided to adopt early on in the infertility treatment process.  While I hadn't ever thought about adoption, and don't know many people who have adopted, it was a relatively easy decision.  I guess I don't have the "I really want to be pregnant" gene.  In fact, pregnancy to me is more a means to an end.

2.  I've taken the Me.yer's-Bri.ggs test like four times.  I always come up I-S-T-J. 

3.  Our agency puts us all in a list and starts matching from the top down.  We started at No. 46 and after six months are now at No. 32.  We're still far down on the list to be profiled all that much.

4.  Last week we did get a phone call about a potential match.  While the match isn't going to work out, it did drive home the point that we are going to be parents someday.  And soon I hope!

5.  My husband, whom I refer to as S (not very creative, I know), is probably the first man at his company to ask for full FMLA when it comes to babies.  His boss has had to be reminded, that yes indeedy, S will be gone for a whole 3 months.

6.  I'm a Jazz.ercise instructor on the side.

7.  I started this blog as a way to keep up with my online message board friends when I left the board.  3 of whom I've managed to meet IRL!

8.  I've lived in Colo.rado almost my whole life. I really can't imagine living anywhere else, although I do love to visit other cities. 

9.  Despite living here since I was 5, I didn't start skiing until I was 26 or 27.  S played a big role in me taking up that particular activity.  I love it, especially when I get down a run I never thought I'd be able to do.  And occasionally, there's still the mental freak-out, although I have learned that taking off my skis and trying to hike down is pretty stupid.  ;-)

10.  I just spilled coffee on my shirt.

Have a great day!

22 comments:

  1. Hi there and Happy ICLW! I will be traveling to Loveland, CO this Friday with my family to visit a college friend and her family! My first time to CO since I was in high school. Can't wait! Good luck on the adoption!
    ~ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on your adoption!!! And 46 to 32 is totally a lot of progress... you're getting there!

    Oh, and I don't remember the last day where I DIDN'T have at least a little coffee on my shirt ;-)

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, here from ICLW. I liked your random fact list, I might have to try that. My husband (who I refer to as J!) and I are planning to adopt as well. It's pretty exciting that you've jumped so many places in just a few months. Gives you hope!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What the heck is ICLW? (can you tell I'm out of the loop on these things?). Oh, I just figured it out. While writing a comment! How neat! You know, I've taken MB test too - and funny enough, I am an ENFP, but I think that's evolved over time. Who knows. And, I have lived here my whole life too, and didn't start skiing/snowboarding until 21-22, and I'm still not very good at it, and now, we never go anyway. Oh well. What a waste, I know! Oh, and I wanted to add that my husband added finger puppets to our wedding registry for almost the exact same reasons. We got TWO sets! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy ICLW to you too!

    I have yet to visit CO, but hope to someday soon. I love to ski, but haven't in years.. Not much snow here in Florida. =)

    Good luck with your adoption! I hope it goes smoothly for you!

    (http://dariasblog.com)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't spill coffee on my shirt, but I spilled water all over my work on my desk.
    Good luck with the adoption - I hope you get another call soon!
    ~ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy ICLW! I have always wanted to take the Meyers Briggs, bet I can do something similar online huh? My husband is Super S, not much more creative, LOL. Best of wishes with your adoption sounds like you and and S will be awesome parents.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy ICLW. And, lucky, lucky you living in Colorado. There is a great group of ALI bloggers there. Have you found Lori over at Weebles Wobblog? She is an adoptive mom and a Colorado blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been to Colorado once, for a wedding in Sterling. Do you know where that is? I assumed when I agreed to be in the wedding party that the wedding was going to be in Denver. Nope, not Denver, I found out later, but Sterling. Who wants to have a destination wedding in Sterling?

    Anywho, I am planning a trip to Denver within the next couple of months, but for medical reasons, not for vacation. Boo!

    Happy ICLW! Good luck with your adoption!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with the adoption. Every time you move up that list it's one step closer to your baby!

    I love CO, especially Boulder, but I couldn't live there - far too far away from the sea for my tastes. I grew up in England where nowhere is more than 70 miles from the coast.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck with your adoption process! Our son came to us through a domestic open adoption in May, and he is an absolute joy!

    Also just noticed, our early timeline is very similar (we got married in July 02 and started TTC in June 06).

    Anyway yay for adoption and hope your baby finds you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love CO!! My husband went to U of Wyoming and they lived in CO for a while, too, so he loves that entire area of the country. I've lived in Indiana all my life and he's going a bit stir crazy with the (lack of) scenery. No mountain views, but we make do!

    Nice to meet you!
    Christina
    iclw

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm sorry about the country bar:(. I'm also a native and went skiing for the first time a couple of years ago. Sadly, haven't been back, although it was fun.

    My husband is on FMLA and he works on a team of 3 guys- all of whom recently had babies and were pretty bummed to learn they could have taken FMLA had they researched it. No love for my husband right now:).

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy ICLW! I'm really enjoying finding new blogs! I wish you all the best of luck with your adoption and hope that your baby will be coming home with you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good luck with your adoption pathway, and remember progress is progress, you could still be stuck at number 46 but you're not! Your time will come and you will get to be a Mumma.

    ICLW
    Rach
    www.thegalwho.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'd love to go to Colorado sometime ( I'm in Vancouver, Canada). I'm at home near mountains. :)

    Good luck with the adoption process- so glad you're making progress. Hope you get to bring home a baby soon.

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good luck with the adoption. You will find yourself at the top of list in no time. I admire you for skiing. I tried it once and tore my knee before even getting to the first hill. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  18. happy iclw. great list. isn't funny how you don't participate in the great things that come with living in your area? we have an international jazz fest here. it is awesome. never been. thinking of going this year.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I also grew up around ski hills, but never actually strapped on skis or a snowboard. I know I'm a klutz and have this thing about keeping my bones intact.

    I'll be sending prayers that your wait won't be a long one.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy ICLW! I have a question - why do you have to wait to move up a list - doens't your agency match birthparents with who they would like the most?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy ICLW ! I wish you a baby soon and I think that adoption rocks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy ICLW! Staying with abbreviations, I'm an INFP with Meyer's! Glad to have found your blog - wishing you all the very best!

    ReplyDelete