Two engineers get married, delay baby-making and get hit with the unexplained infertility stick. Eight years: multiple failed cycles; 3 failed IUI's; 1 long adoption wait and successful adoption (Baby X); 2nd long adoption wait, 1 failed placement, 1 failed match and finally 1 successful placement (Baby Z). This is my story.
Monday, March 16, 2015
#MicroblogMondays - Is Pink a Girl Color?
Recently, X came home with three bead necklaces he made at daycare. One for him, one for me and one for S. Mostly, X wears them around, and once in a while makes a big production over "giving" us a necklace he "made for you". In the necklaces are beads every color of the rainbow plus some.
At one point, he walked up to me with his necklaces "Tommy* says that pink is a girl color." I asked X if he likes the color pink.
"Yes".
"Do you think it's a girl color?"
"No"
"Well, then it's just a color and you are allowed to like any color."
"Ok"
I'm not sure he's convinced and it'll be interesting to see how many pink beads or colors come home on future art projects. Now I feel the need to go get this pink flying fairy for my 3.5 year old boy's Easter basket.
*not his real name
Don't know what #MicroblogMondays is? Check it out here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


That Fairy is the most fun toy ever. You guys will have a blast!
ReplyDeleteHave you seen the video of the fairy flying into the fireplace? my kids thought it was hilarious. Anyway - my kids now call things "girl colors" and "boy colors" and it drives me flipping INSANE. I correct them every time, that there are NO girl colors and NO boy colors - just COLORS. sheesh.
ReplyDeleteMy son loves pink. He's made it a personal mission to get everyone to realize that it's a very manly color. May he enlist X in his efforts?
ReplyDeleteI saw that Flutterbye on a blog last week(?) and I've been coveting it. For myself!
ReplyDeletePink is just a colour, and it was Pantone's colour of the year about two years ago. Pantone is for everyone.
I bought a (girl's) pink T-shirt for Anti Bullying Day (there were no pink t-shirts in the boys section) and for the first time, my son somewhat objected to it - in fact, by the time I picked him up from kindergarten, he was no longer wearing it. This pink is for girls only thing is reinforced everywhere!
ReplyDelete