Two engineers get married, delay baby-making and get hit with the unexplained infertility stick. Eight years: multiple failed cycles; 3 failed IUI's; 1 long adoption wait and successful adoption (Baby X); 2nd long adoption wait, 1 failed placement, 1 failed match and finally 1 successful placement (Baby Z). This is my story.
Monday, February 23, 2015
#MicroblogMonday - Back to Work
Today is my first day in the office after maternity leave. Last week, I started Baby Z in full-time daycare. We did not take X out of daycare during the months of unpaid paternity/maternity leave S and I took, and I think that helped Z's transition. He had already been to the facility so much, and he's such a chill baby that his transition has been seamless. Woot! I went to lots of Jazzercise classes trying to complete our 30 classes in 35 days challenge, and did some part-time telework so that I didn't have to take more leave without pay.
Over the weekend it snowed about 8 inches, got really really cold, and set us up for a hideous commute. For some reason, the main road that goes to our daycare building is never sanded enough. It gets slick, icy, and is a nightmare on snowy mornings. Today was no exception, taking 1 hour for me to travel 3.5 miles. The highway to work, however, was practically dry.
Welcome back.
Don't know what #Microblog Monday is? Check it out here
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hoe it was a good day!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on surviving your first day back! Keep breathing ... :)
ReplyDeleteSlick, icy roads suck! I'm praying for dry roads by Friday when I drive up with Stella. EEK! I hope your first week back goes smoothly (other than the commute).
ReplyDeleteouch - an hour for under 4 miles royally sucks... hope your first day back went ok!
ReplyDeleteWhat a crazy Feb we've had!
ReplyDeleteWelcome back. Glad the transition went well for Z. Hope y'all have something fun planned for the weekend.