Why I decided to participate in ICLW this month is beyond me as my maternity leave ends tomorrow and I go back to work. Needless to say, I may not be the awesomest commenter this month. But, I thank all of you for stopping my tiny corner of the internet!
Since it's been a while, here's a quick rundown of me and my blog
- Cast of characters: S, my husband, X my oldest son, Baby Z my youngest son
- X and Z came to our family through private domestic adoption
- Both of our adoption waits were about 2 years long. During the wait for Baby Z, we had one failed placement and one failed match. Those shook us to our core.
- Our final adoption hearing for Baby Z's adoption is in early April. We are looking forward to being done with the process
- During the wait for Baby Z, I sought therapy which has resulted in some unwanted truths about my family, but has also gone a long way to healing me. Now, I'm wading through the process of holding to my boundaries and protecting myself from my narcissistic mother.
- Over the weekend, things blew up with S's family, and it was a huge trigger for me. Hence, the previous post (which I have taken down). I admit that I didn't realize how I should have brought up the subject of what grandparents should and shouldn't give to my kid. Turns out, I was way the hell out of line, and that has blown up into a major issue involving not only grandparents but my sister in law. Good times.
I went through infertility treatments a long time ago now, but some of my friends are going through it presently. One has been referred to an RE, and unfortunately it's the RE I went to and don't like. However, this RE accepts the insurance my friend has, which as you know, is HUGE in infertility treatment. Especially when the insurance covers a whole lot of diagnostic testing and some treatment. Anyway, one thing I would love to get out of this ICLW is a list of questions my friend should be asking when she goes in to her appointments. I'd also like to know how RE's tend to be approaching treatments these days. I know a lot has happened since I quit treatments, and I didn't even go through IVF. Feel free to comment here or to send me an e-mail with any resources that may be helpful to my friend. geochick1 at gmail dot com
(hi from ICLW!) I can't imagine how awful the failed placement and match must have left you feeling... so glad that Baby Z is home and hope April comes quickly to finalize her adoption!
ReplyDeleteI apparently follow the Kate above all over! Ha! Well I'm interested in your story and I'm happy for the cast of players. Bringing a 2nd to daycare is 100x easier then the first, there is trust in the system so that eases the nerves. It takes a good 2 weeks to get back to the work world so I'll be thinking of you!
ReplyDeleteI apparently follow the Kate above all over! Ha! Well I'm interested in your story and I'm happy for the cast of players. Bringing a 2nd to daycare is 100x easier then the first, there is trust in the system so that eases the nerves. It takes a good 2 weeks to get back to the work world so I'll be thinking of you!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you've found therapy helpful. I am a huge proponent of therapy, though I know it often comes with surprises when you start to really delve into everything. I still go to therapy every few weeks just to have some space that I know will be there if I need it with an impartial and skillful listener.
ReplyDeleteI hope your first week back to work has gone smoothly!