Monday, December 22, 2014

#MicroblogMondays - Date Night!






Yes, this is the season of crammed schedules, busy weekends and constantly falling behind. Or is that just because there's 2 kiddos in our household now?

At our last placement update meeting, we were ordered to have a bonafide date night within the month. We laughed at our caseworker and the idea of organizing a sitter and ourselves to be able to have a night off. Even though our parents are in town, we were a little skeptical of siccing both kids on either set for an extended period of time.

We took the plunge though, and the kids had an overnight at my in-laws. By all reports, things went well even though Baby Z broke out of his swaddle at 2am, and well, X likes Gma and Gpa because they'll let him watch multiple movies. (3!!!!!) Oh, the times I have to bite my tongue hard and let things slide...

S and I enjoyed an afternoon out sampling beer at a couple of breweries, seeing a movie and eating at a new-to-us restaurant.  Then I got my a$$ handed to me in Scr.abble. Can't win them all.  :)










1 comment:

  1. Ha ha! What happens at grandma's stats at grandma's. I'll admit to sometimes weighing whether it's worth the break to let E spend the day with my parents' because I'll inevitably bed up having to deprogramming him from so much tv and snack time. Usually it's worth the break. Lol!

    Glad you hot a night out to enjoy yourselves. Priceless.

    ReplyDelete