Two engineers get married, delay baby-making and get hit with the unexplained infertility stick. Eight years: multiple failed cycles; 3 failed IUI's; 1 long adoption wait and successful adoption (Baby X); 2nd long adoption wait, 1 failed placement, 1 failed match and finally 1 successful placement (Baby Z). This is my story.
Monday, September 22, 2014
#MicroblogMondays - Skin
I'm loving this concept now that I'm so busy that I haven't found time to write!
One of the things that is hitting me hard with the placement of Baby Z is how our family will look and how that may affect X. X is East Indian/Hispanic, and Baby Z is Caucasian, which was a bit of a surprise to me because we were open to different races. It gave me pause to accept that X will be the only brown child in our family and how are we going to deal with that? Plus, there was this recent exchange between S and X:
X: My skin is brown
S: What is Daddy's skin?
X: Bright
And so it begins...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hopped on over from Mrs T's. Good luck with those questions!
ReplyDeleteI don't know how I'd feel about a Caucasian baby now either. I'm sure your sensitivity to it will go a long way. Thanks for writing this - I remembered to write my own skin color post because of it.
ReplyDeleteI declare "bright" as the best answer possible to such a question :-).
ReplyDeleteI have no doubt you'll know how to handle things as they come up. Because you're wise and because your heart is in the right place.
There will be differences, but there will also be things the kids will share. I'm sure you'll navigate it as you've been navigating everything; thoughtfully.
ReplyDeleteThis is so sweet! I love this answer. I know you will do great with these things moving forward. :)
ReplyDeleteDon't worry it will all be fine...You'll know what to do when the need arises :)
ReplyDeleteRandom Thoughts Naba...#MicroblogMondays: I Wish To Read It Again......