Thursday, September 20, 2012

Pregnancies Pregnancies Everywhere

My brother called to reveal his wife is pregnant.  I thought they were going to wait, but figured out at their wedding that she was ready.  As such, it's not a big surprise, and I'm pretty excited that Baby X is going to have a close-in-age cousin (albeit in another state).  However, because I wasn't over the moon excited for them, my brother was a little irritated.  I don't know that I would be jumping up  and down in excitement, as that's not my personality, but I can tell that I have nice thick wall built up.

A friend announced her pregnancy by bringing Ba.by R.uth candy bars to a gathering.  I acted appropriately, then went home and devoured the stupid candy bar, while working until 1:00am on a project for work.  Ah, serotonin release brought on by sugar, how I love you so.  (There may have been wine involved too.)

Another friend called S an hour after his son was born.  They have two now, a girl and a boy.

We found out that using Amer.ican Adopt.ions doubles the amount of money we'll need for the second adoption.

There are several other couples I know actively ttc.  Just waiting for several proverbial shoes to drop.  On my head.


I wish I were here





8 comments:

  1. Blah. I was hit by a fertile pregnancy last week. She told me a couple of months ago they were going to start trying now as she heard it can take longer after 35. Yeah, she's 11 weeks pregnant now. *sigh*

    AA is expensive. It seems like the trade off for short wait times is money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the agency we picked and we just quit with them. The cost of adoption is CRAZY!!!!!! And the budget went up $2,000 just a month after we went active. So we're on hold till after my husband gets out of the Navy in 2014, then we'll revisit the topic of adoption. But right now I don't think I'm willing to spend $45K to have a baby (and that's on the low end of their budget)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi from ICLW...that view is to die for!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping by from ICLW, I'm not really familiar with the adoption process so this is very eye opening. I hope you're matched soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello from ICLW. I'm sorry about all the baby news. That can be so difficult!

    ICLW #3

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's just stupid how much we are forced to pay out to adopt these days. My husband and I had truly considered adopting, he is an Engineer in the Army, and I have my own on-line business. We can't afford it. We've paid out of pocket for 2 IVFs, numerous IUI, and now soon to do donor eggs if possible.

    BTW, I found your blog through ICLW; I forgot to sign up for it this month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ouch!!! That seems incredibly expensive. But, we all know that adoption is expensive :/

    Sorry about those announcements. I've gotten 4 "we're having our THIRD" announcements in the last few weeks and I'm not handling them very well :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm waiting for that same phonecall from my brother. The whole family thinks I'm going to flip out when I hear. I won't, but I believe I'll have a similar reaction to yours. Especially if more announcements commence.

    ReplyDelete