Sunday, September 9, 2012

And Now I'm Getting Nervous (baby-centric) *edited*

Baby X has been doing great with walking....until he started trying to run, or look at everything around him.  Since then, there's been a nerve wracking handful of head bonks.  It's really not fun and I hate feeling like a horrible parent when he falls right next to me.  Perhaps I need to be hanging on to his hand at every moment?  Yes, I know, it happens.  But it's so hard when it happens and it feels horrible for everyone involved. (I'm guessing Baby X in particular...)

I'll be really happy when it stops.  Oh, and when he stops throwing a tantrum every time we tell him no.  And when he stops hitting every time we tell him no or change his diaper.  Oooh, that little look, do you know that look?  That one that says, "hmmm...I know you're saying no for a reason, and I know I shouldn't hit you, but I'm thinking it'll make me feel better anyway."  I get that look several times a day.  The "uh-oh" song is getting tiring.

Toddlers.

A joy.

Really.


p.s.  And he's cutting molars.  Ugh.

p.p.s.  Hi negativity.  I feel like I need to throw in some positivity as well.  :)  He's learning words, gives hugs and kisses and is fun to take to the playgrounds.  Oh, and he's learning how to sit still and can sit on our laps and "read" a book.  I love that!

4 comments:

  1. Right there with ya! Molars are the devil around here. And what is with the tantrums? I thought I had another year on those but apparently not. E is almost always sporting a bruise from a header he takes into something. He's not the greatest at multitasking either. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel ya. Unfortunately, at least from my experience, it's not going to get better for a while. Until like maybe age 4? :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I was thinking the same thing over the weekend. Whitney is having a growth spurt which only adds to the whole molar thing. It seems that I'm having to set aside outfits that fit just fine a week ago and now seem too small.

    And I don't think she'll ever be over hitting me when I change her diaper. I think potty training is the only thing that will solve that one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The running without looking how's no sign of stopping here either. Also, the hitting for"no" is pretty popular. My new favorite is "1,2,3"... Someone else seems to have taught her...

    ReplyDelete