...but it's nice to know they are paying attention.
I received an e-mail from our agency this afternoon acknowledging the long wait and offering a refresher class to those of us on the waiting list. The class takes place in June so fingers crossed we won't need it, but I think I'll RSVP all the same. It would be nice to meet some other waiting families who are still sitting around twiddling their thumbs. I'd like to share a quote from the letter that brought a rueful giggle to my lips: We appreciate that many of you have been waiting a long time to build your family through adoption and sometimes you must wonder if it will ever happen. It will! We just don’t know when.
It's so refreshing to not have them blow sunshine up our rear-ends with crap like "your baby is out there waiting for you". I hate that line!
In other, not so awesome news, there's some lame family crap going on right now. Probably shouldn't go into any more detail. The morale of the story is, no matter how your family is built, adoption, biological, blended...it's always something.
They should do the refresher class at a bar, or at least give you jello shots at the agency! Sorry you are dealing with yet more crap, hope things improve on at least one front soon.
ReplyDeleteI like Lane's idea! I'm glad they did acknowledge the long wait but sorry for you that it's so. I remember all too well how that felt. Thinking of you!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad they don't blow sunshine up your rear end:)
ReplyDeleteAcknowledgement of your long wait is nice. They are thinking of you.