Sunday, February 13, 2011

Writer's Block

I think I have it.  While a myriad of posts have been swirling around in my head I haven't been able to give them the full attention they deserve.  I've been doing more reading and commenting and playing with my new toy.  I finally jumped over into smart.phone-dom and now am obsessed with a fancy new D.roid.  Granted, I got a little push from the freak-out that's been going on a work.  Internet sniffing at least monthly, a "zero-tolerance" policy (whatever that means) and a general feeling that most of what I read on blogs falls under the category of offending someone, somewhere.  So, I guess I won't lose my job because I like to read blogs and write posts while at work (on "smoke breaks" and at lunch of course).  I think part of the difficulty with writing is that my mind is ON and churning at work.  Ideas flow through me easily, I tend to react to things I read in others' posts and then forget them if I don't write immediately.  I keep thinking I'll come home and spend some time composing thoughtful, insightful blog posts but it's not happening, and typing on that tiny phone keyboard is not a skill I've mastered yet.

Today, I'll leave you with what I think is a prime example of writer's block when under a deadline.

3 comments:

  1. We are LOVING our phones. Not that it will help with doing a full post, but if you haven't checked it out yet, you should look into using Swype for texting. I find it much faster than individually typing in each letter. But watch out for Angry.Birds. It will suck away your time.
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are probably some writers who can compose blog posts on their I.phones or dro.ids but not me! That's some some serious skill, there.

    Just wanted to let you know I added you to my blogroll. Hope that's OK :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking about upgrading my phone to a Dr.oid! You'll have to post a review on it soon.

    As for the writer's block, I get it all the time. It's so frustrating, but maybe if I met that alien...

    ReplyDelete