Thursday, February 3, 2011

Number 14

The latest update is that we're No. 14 - good news!

Revisiting the math so far.... I calculated that if the pace stayed the same we'd be No. 15 in January 2011.

Yep.  Crazy in my head doesn't begin to explain the frustration that it's taken this long.  Then again, you're already privy to my crazy head.

Anyway, I talked to our caseworker and (recently) matching has been easy and as a result, the families higher in the list than us are being matched.  The three I know about now are Nos. 2, 3 and 9 (one of those is a successful match and the other two are pending.)  So, the upshot is, our profile has rarely been shown.  As we get higher in the list tons of fears about our video and letters have come to the surface.  What if they suck?  What if our letters are too long?  What if I come off as a bitch or cold?  I tend to, at least in certain situations even if I'm not feeling particularly bitchy.  It's a hazard of being an introverted thinker in an extroverted touchy-feely world.  But, not to worry....yet.  I've been reassured that if we were getting turned down by several parents that our caseworker would let us know.  Let's just hope it doesn't come to that.


In super-duper-awesome news, Claire posted a comment to me that they got a phone call today!  Whooopeee!

5 comments:

  1. Yea for moving up! I know what you mean about worrying about the letter, etc. I keep going back and reading through our website and Face.book page to make sure I don't sound crazy, or too nerdy. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, congrats to Claire! And one day, when you least expect it, maybe on your way to a bar or a psychiatrist's office because you just can't take the stress anymore :) that will be you getting a call. In the mean time, hang in there. If you are looking for something constructive to do, you could re-read your letters and re-watch your video, but I wouldn't watch the video unless you are prepared to re-shoot it if you hate it, otherwise it's a needless source of anxiety. I would think at this point, you will be shown and can get some feedback soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news on moving up!! Hopefully since the pace is already going faster than you math, it keeps up that way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great! I can't imagine that you'd come across as cold...you seem so warm and nice on your blog :)

    Keeping my fingers crossed that the matching continues to be quick and you keep moving up the list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're good enough just as you are - go on a little trip, relax and unwind - your time is coming.....

    ReplyDelete