Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Seriously? Will Nothing Stop

Opr.ah from grabbing ratings?  I swear, in an obvious ploy to bring her new network into the news, she trots out a long-last half sister?  Give me a break.  *disclaimer* I'm totally not an Oprah fan.  I mean, I appreciate that what she's built is a major feat of endurance and smarts, but I hate how people hang on to her every book recommendation, "favorite thing", blah blah blah like it's the best thing since sliced bread.  Drives me nuts.

I guess it's fine that she's talking about it but I could have gone through the tv and strangled that dude on To.day when he stated that Oprah's sister finally found her REAL family.  EXTRA emphasis on real.  This is what I get for being home sick.

5 comments:

  1. It's time she did an infertility episode! I don't watch Oprah, but I'd watch that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this kind of makes me want to barf too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. People are SO clueless sometimes (more often than not!) - her REAL family is the family who raised her & loved her... Op.rah might be her biological family but that doesn't mean she's her REAL family! GAH!

    ICLW #131

    ReplyDelete
  4. I share your opinion on Oprah. Can't stand the woman...

    BBH: Oprah has done an episode on infertility back in 2007. I was going through IVF at that point and the episode sucked... It was horrible and so so superficial. Showed nothing of what we go through to have a child. That was the moment I stopped watching her show. I haven't watched any of her shows since then.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Vaso - you know, I think I know the episode you're talking about. One of my "friends" mentioned that she had seen on Oprah that I could go to India and hire a surrogate! This was when we were in the very beginnings of our infertility journey.

    ReplyDelete