Wednesday, December 29, 2010

1 year 6 months waiting

Why I feel compelled to keep the ticker up is beyond me.  I suppose it's my personality to always measure accomplishments or lack thereof.  Definitely the latter these days.

Well, 18 months exactly since we were approved for adoption.  We didn't think we'd get this far and not have a match by now.  I'm kind of done being really pissed off, which is unusual for me.  I feel resigned and a little numb to the fact that it's taking forever.

In other news, I got the promotion I applied for.  Yay, I don't have to go through that nightmare again!  And said promotion is now eaten up by a new car payment.  We're getting the nursery ready.  Our latest remodeling project (and last one for a while I hope) is done.  All that's left is painting, lots and lots of painting.

7 comments:

  1. Yay on the promotion! We are 20 months and a few days since we entered the pool. I have gotten pretty good at the wait actually, and now I am having a little anxiety in switching my thinking from "hypothetical baby" to "reality baby". We were asked Tues. if we wanted to be profiled in a situation where we had some questions on our checksheet. We decided that we were comfortable with the situation so now we just wait to see if we are chosen, I am kind of freaking out a bit - both in terms of thinking "oh no, she might pick us" and "oh boy, she might pick us!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your promotion -- that's fabulous!

    Abiding with you during the wait. Reaching milestones can be so hard. May your wait be almost over.

    Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Claire --eeek! Keeping my fingers crossed that you are chosen and get to stay firmly in "reality baby" anxiety-ville.

    ReplyDelete
  4. May the dawning of this New Year
    Fill your heart with new hope,
    Open up new Horizons
    and bring for you promises of brighter tomorrows
    May you have a Fabulous New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here from the round up. Wishing that things moved faster for you. I hate the waiting parts of this IF journey too.
    thinking of you..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol. Hypothetical baby vs. reality baby. Yes! Geo--I'd be worried that you weren't pissed off, if but for the fact that you are working on the nursery means you haven't given up hope. I could just clobber the people who advise to enjoy this time without the baby because once they get here you'll have plenty to keep you busy. The bottom line is waiting is damn hard, frustrating, and exhausting business. I hope it's over for us both soon! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great blog design! My husband and I spent four years getting our financial ducks in a row before deciding to try to conceive. Now we've been together for nine years, married for four, and we've been trying for over half a year. All that planning (which I am still thankful we did), but no little bambino. :( The waiting game is proving to be much harder than we expected. Everyone keeps telling us the wait is normal, but when you're ready the wait is awful. I can't imagine being on the list for as long as you. Hang in there, girly! All of us mommies-in-waiting have to be there together. :)

    Jessica @Momvesting.com

    ReplyDelete