Monday, August 30, 2010

Perfect Moment Monday - Picnic

Stupid comments aside, there was a perfect moment on Saturday.

We attended the agency's picnic with a whole lot of trepidation.  Would I know anyone?  Would any waiting families show up?  Would it make us depressed to be around all the kids?


I don't know why I got myself so worked up.  The picnic was fantastic!  We got to meet Lane, her husband, and adorable daughter.  We also met Claire and her husband and another waiting couple.  It's so nice to hang out with people who have gone through the same exact process. 



5 comments:

  1. There really is something soothing about hanging out with people who get it, first hand.

    I'm glad you went to the picnic and that it turned out well for you.

    I'm watching your countdown on the sidebar...any update since June?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you enjoyed the picnic and made some new friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like it was a great way to meet others on the same journey! Good luck to you and your husband. I hope your wait is nearing its' end!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad the picnic went well!

    Thanks for the comment on my blog. Have you done a registry?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was good to meet you! Sorry you have had to deal with the stupid comments - "just relax" really got me too.

    ReplyDelete