Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Photos and Albums Oh My!

I'm quite sure that I've had brand new photo albums for about 10 years or so which means they've lived in one condo and two houses.  At some point a couple years ago I actually did quasi-organize photos by year, putting them in boxes with nice little dividers and then promptly forgot about them again.

Over the holiday weekend something in my brain snapped and decided enough was enough.  Let the photo-album rampage begin!  Doubles were tossed all over the floor and in the trash, crappy pics weeded out...many minutes spent looking at a picture and scratching my head while asking S if he had any idea what it was or when one of us took it.

I'm up to 2002, the year we got married.  The big question now is what do I do with the 50-100 wedding photos I've received from various people?  I lost it and left them in pile on the floor.  Maybe in two more years I'll get back to finding them a home.

Meanwhile, since the advent of the digital camera (2003 for me) my photo-taking has reached new highs.  There's hundreds of digital photos stored on my computer from the last 7 years.  What to do with those?

...and then there's the scrapbook I'm supposed to finish.  While I'm not huge into scrapbooking, I do major vacations.  I can't even remember which one I'm on now.

...not to mention the blank scrapbook I have waiting in the wings for baby.  I'm sure I'll be all over that and totally on top of it creating my piece de resistance.  *cough*

Speaking of baby, what kind of high chairs do you like?  When looking at them I was completely overwhelmed., so I gave up.  Kind of like the strollers which I haven't really studied closely (other than knowing I need something that's practically 4wd for the cracked sidewalks in my neighborhood).  I think searching for a crib took it all out of me.  Not to mention choosing bottles and nipples.  Good grief.

7 comments:

  1. Hi there...sorry I've been MIA. I'm just catching up on my reading, hoping to get back to blogging soon. I think it's great that you've started to organize those random loose photos. That has been on my to-do list for years. There are services out there where you can send the loose photos and they'll put them on a DVD for you. As for vacations, snapfish or shutterfly is a good way to make a photo book of each vacation. Now that we have a baby, I already have pics piling up while I try to find the "perfect" photo albums, aka procrastination. Good luck with the rest of the organizing!

    Check out the BOB stroller....we received it as a gift and it is the best thing. It even has shocks for those cracked sidewalks. It is a jogging stroller, if you're into that kind of thing. It turns on a dime and is so easy to push. You can even get an infant insert where the car seat will fit in. We also have a snap 'n go stroller....wonderful for the airport. As for high chairs, I'm now in research mode for that. For bottles, we use Playtex Vent Aire...that's what little one was using when we got her. I tried Dr. Brown's but there are too many parts to clean, so I ditched those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a fish.er pri.ce convertible high chair. It straps onto a regular dining room chair and reclines. It was really great when N started to eat solids at 4 months. It's washable and everything. It's also super-portable, which is nice.

    We got a je.ep stroller (urban outdoor? grand cherokee?). It ROCKS. I've used it on cracked sidewalks, grass, dirt, gravel paths, etc. It's not the most expensive stroller out there, but it is totally a stroller for outdoorsy type people!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got into scrapbooking a few years ago and mostly work on it once a month at a crop at a friends house (she is a consultant). It is a lot about socializing! I did recently purchase the digital photo storing/sorting program from my friend. If you are interested in knowing more about it, let me know. You can tag photos into various categories.

    I am fortunate in having sister and friends who are giving me a lot of their items. I do like the high chair we purchased for a shower gift (that is hopefully coming my way) with the removable tray for easy cleaning. It also reclines a bit for bottle feeding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you find an answer to the photo stuff, please enlighten us! Right now, they're all backed up on an external hard drive. That's it! And the blog, of course, if that counts (which I like to think it does). For high chairs - those space saver ones are SO nifty! If I could go back and do it, I would choose those space saver ones that you attach to the chairs. Other than that, just easy to clean without too many of those pretty fabric crevices!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you want to get a bunch of pictures onto your computer wolf camera will do what they call a "shoebox scan," which worked great for me. Only thing is that you still have to categorize them somehow -I have gone with year folders, with either month or event subfolders.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do the photobooks of vacations and such. SO much easier. I have tons and tons of scrapbooking suppplies. I do that every so often but the photobooks are better because you can make multiple copies and the script is legible!

    As for the stroller and high chair....still waiting. We bought a Eddie Bau.er travel system a year ago thinking we'd need it to go get a kid. Yeah. So i'm going to wait on the high chair!

    ReplyDelete
  7. fun to go through all those old photos....any type of organizational task makes me delirious with joy. anyway, we got a fancy sto.kke but they are hard for younger babies to get stable in and the cushion is a pain to get off and clean. will be better when he is older. we ended up getting a plastic gra.co on cra.igs..list with a tray you can remove with one hand (key). i found a replacement cover for it on etsy from a seller called sew.plicity that is just beautiful and washes great! as for the stroller, i agree with E. we love ours!! getting one day closer all the time... xoxox

    ReplyDelete