The arbor. Our grapevine is only a year old and look at it go! We tried to do a grapevine and a hops vine on the right side but the hops croaked.
One of the half-barrel gardens. Chard, strawberries and arugula which is done so I cut it all down. I expect next year this one will be all strawberries and I'll have to find another home for the chard.
I lost the brussels sprouts. It was an experimental vegetable and I didn't do much research on growing it. So, for future reference: 1) Brussels sprouts are best for the fall (cool-season vegetable). I planted mine early spring thinking that would work but I think it got too hot. 2) Brussels sprouts are picky. I need easy to grow vegetables (water once a day, forget to fertilize but still get veggies out of it) and these aren't so easy. 3) Aphids LOVE the leaves. I finally cut them all down because the infestation was so bad. Ladybugs didn't hang around and the insecticidal soap only worked for a couple of days. Oh well, there's still strawberries, tomatoes, peppers, chard and fennel. I think I need to check on the fennel because it a was another experimental vegetable for me. So far it looks ok.
Wow! Your garden looks great. Two of our three hops croaked. I'll have to see which ones survived- it was either the Chinook or Cascade. The ones remaining are going crazy and are most of the way up the side of our house but the other ones died early on (probably due to our lack of watering:).
ReplyDelete