My project schedules have conspired to ruin my summer.
Last week - Idaho in the snow. SNOW.
This week - Meetings.
The rest of June and July - three big-ass reports to write.
Why didn't anyone tell me that when I became an engineer I'd be constantly writing?
We've had to cancel our July vacation. I don't have time to plan it or even think about it right now. S isn't much of a planner so it's usually up to me. We're still going to take a 4 day weekend and do a little road trip so that will be fun. Maybe August we can take a real vacation.
I can't believe I'm canceling a vacation because of work. This is the first time I've ever felt this overwhelmed.
Did you know they don't make "expectant father" cards? At least I didn't see any. I thought it would be funny to get S one since he got me one for Mother's day but no dice.
I had to go into work today even though I'm on vacation! What a pain. I hope you still get to enjoy your summer!
ReplyDeleteI know the amount of writing surprised me as well when I worked as an engineer. I just got through working a summer camp teaching girls about engineering, and they did stress communication and writing as big parts of being an engineer.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry you had to cancel your trip. I hope you get some relaxation time in there somewhere!
So sorry you have to cancel vacay because of work! That royally sucks. Hopefully, you'll be able to take that vacation later in the summer.
ReplyDelete