Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Math is not Working Out.... (edited)

We got the newsletter from the agency yesterday and in it they stated they have had 12 placements since the beginning of the year.  *scratches head*  We only moved up 2 spots from January to March so what's up with all of these other placements?   I could call our SW to find out but it's so much more fun to sit here and speculate until May.  :-?

 **edit** I read past newsletters posted on the agency's site. (yes, I should be working)  In the first half of last year they had 12 placements.  At least this year is starting off better.  I suppose many of these could be designated placements which would explain why the list isn't moving too quickly.

8 comments:

  1. You know what? I would have yourself a little party every time you move up ONE place! Go out to dinner, or have a bottle of wine (or share it, if you must) or some kind of little celebration! One place at a time, and it will be you next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the newsletter yesterday too and thought the same thing but then remembered that they also do homestudies for families in other programs (foster/adopt, international, designated adoptions etc.) and I remember when I asked them about their stats when we were placed "in the pool" that they count those towards the number of children they place. SOOO, I don't think the numbers they report in the newsletter are all that meaningful to us... unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claire, good point, I don't think we asked about that since we (okay me) were trying to not pay attention to things out of our (mine) control. heh, now I'm backpedaling and over-analyzing. S mentioned that people below us could have been placed with babies as well. Or there could have been another one of those placements that occur even before the family is officially in the pool due to extenuating circumstances. Yeah, I'll have to try to ignore that in the next newsletter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't even think about those below us getting placed, good point!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the congratulations!! I'll bet it's a lot of designated placements, which I always thought should be tracked separately. But I agree that you should celebrate every spot moved up! And I think there was a pool placement ahead of me, so maybe you've moved up two spots :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's agonizing. Mini-celebrations are good. We do need to get together and have a beer sampling party:). The list is a blessing and a curse because our personalities sound similar and I would always over-analyze the stupid list and try to figure out when my baby was going to get here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just popping in to say Hi. I have been reading up as much as I can. The fundraiser is over and now I can get back to a life!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, good to read that this year is starting off better than last for your agency. Still frustrating from where you're at, I know.

    I like the idea of celebrating every time you move up a spot! Do it...you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete