Two engineers get married, delay baby-making and get hit with the unexplained infertility stick. Eight years: multiple failed cycles; 3 failed IUI's; 1 long adoption wait and successful adoption (Baby X); 2nd long adoption wait, 1 failed placement, 1 failed match and finally 1 successful placement (Baby Z). This is my story.
Monday, June 1, 2015
#Microblog Mondays - A Tiny Revelation
I realized that the reason why we can't keep up with picking up the house, and why I always feel behind. Obviously, there's the hey, we have a preschooler and a baby who just learned to crawl and loves sticking whatever he can get his hands on into his mouth aspect of our lives. But one of our biggest issues is that we regularly divide and conquer in order to maintain workout schedules.
Lately we don't hit the gym for an hour, we're both training for road cycling rides, which is a huge time commitment. On any given day of the week, one of us is not getting home until almost 8pm. This past weekend, we both had to do multiple hour rides, which leaves the other dealing with two kids, one of whom refused to nap all weekend, and the other who loves "exploring".
Because of this, certain aspects of our house have been neglected. For example: Cheatgrass, dandelions, thistle, field bindweed, crabgrass, and at least 3 other weeds I can't identify has taken over some of our landscaping in the front of our house. It's way past playing Miss Nice Organic Gardener. I got out the poison, and that was oddly satisfying to spray the grasses knowing that they'd be gone soon. The ultimate fix is going to have to be that we rip all the landscaping out and start over, because what was planted in the area isn't doing very well. But, for now, it's Ro.und-U.p time.
What do you sacrifice in order to make your life just a little bit easier?
Don't know what #Microblog Mondays is? Check it out here
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'm watching this space for ideas because we are in the same spot (minus the wife having long bike rides and the baby sticking things in the mouth).
ReplyDeleteI wish I knew. And my heart just sank a little lower. It doesn't get easier????? Man.
DeleteI've had to make my priorities flexible in order to not leap over the cliff of chaos :) Among the top priorities is taking a little me time. If I can't think, it's even harder to stay centered.
ReplyDeleteMy laundry. Never folded. We do have a maid service which helps a bit! But, seriously, I just have learned to embrace a little chaos. :-)
ReplyDeleteAlso my laundry. Although we just added a mural of Paris to our laundry room wall, and I hope it inspires me to do more loads...
ReplyDeleteAh.... sleep.
ReplyDeleteHonestly, sometimes it's paper plates. Awful for the environment, but if I can buy myself 10 minutes less of clean up, I sometimes take it.
ReplyDeleteI don't feel qualified to comment here. But I can always find something to do other than tidy my office. I follow the volcano theory of paper management - anything important will rise to the top!
ReplyDelete