Monday, April 20, 2015

#MicroblogMonday - F*ck Tw*tter **Update**






I don't seem to have the personality to handle the perceived slights. I don't seem to have the personality to handle how it makes me feel when I think I'm being ignored. I don't like feeling like I'm the outsider. Never have. And I always feel like I'm the outsider, especially on Tw.itter.

Goodbye Tw.itter, I'm leaving you in the name of self care.

Don't know what #MicroblogMondays is?  Check it out here. 


**Update** Well, dammit, I was all like *mic drop* I'm outta here and then I get a couple notifications and an convo and....*sigh*....I don't know what to do. Maybe this is the medium I love to hate but can't leave.  

22 comments:

  1. I have never "gotten" twitter. OR instagram. I'm probably missing out. Oh well. I'm not cool anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Instagram. Probably because it's not a conversation as much as it's just a place to post pics

      Delete
  2. The only way I can do Twitter is to hop-on-and-hop-off. It moves too quickly, and I always feel like I'm breaking into someone else's private conversation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't like twitter. Too many #'s and @'s to know what's being said to whom. I think my brain is too old school to grasp it. I love IG, though. Very simple and if I don't get any *likes*, meh, whatever. I have a lot less followers on IG than I do on FB and most of them are the same anyway. It's sort of a redundant space, really. I've started posting things on IG that I don't post on FB. Not sure why, but I feel the need to separate the 2. Anyway...if it causes you stress dump it like a hot potato.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I walked away from Twitter a long time ago, a few years at least, and I have never looked back. And you know what? I don't miss it. Not. At. All. I'm much happier for walking away.

    Just wanted to assure that there is happiness after Twitter. I promise. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never got on the twitter bandwagon. As a matter of fact, I don't even read other peoples tweets. I don't feel like I'm missing a thing. Lol! I only minimally participate in Instagram. My profile is private so only a few people see them anyway. Meh. I could do without them, but I'd be lost without my blogs. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel the same as you... hard to walk away, but not really a fan of it. I support you either way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Also, FWIW- some posts just don't show up in my feed, so I go in and check on people I care about on occasion as I have missed things. Thanks, twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wait, I had another comment but it got deleted it looks like. Whoops. I was going to say... I am not ignoring you... but I also feel this way on twitter sometimes too. :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ((hugs)) I'm seriously beginning to wonder if it has something to do with me fighting my introverted nature. More on that later...

      Delete
  9. I always try to respond to you! Quality over quantity :) Don't do something that doesn't make you happy, but I think you'll see the mentions grow over time. It's just the nature of relationships. Twitter -- despite seeming so casual -- is relationship-building just like anything else. I get a lot of chatter but I've also been tweeting longer than I've blogged and have a WAY bigger audience there. There are times Twitter has upset me, but they're far outweighed by the good times. If they aren't outweighed for you, then maybe it's not worth it. (FWIW, I hope you stay.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you do. And it isn't anything specific, it's really me. I know it's me. People don't ignore me on purpose, and I don't ignore them on purpose. It's the nature of the beast.

      Delete
  10. I've never joined Twitter. I keep wondering if I will one day, but it's hard enough keeping up with blogging and FB.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Twitter app sometimes eats my notifications. I'll happen to see some @s here and there just by looking at the timeline, but I don't always get notified, so maybe that's part of what is going on? Also I know I get WAY behind at responding and sometimes just don't because it feels weird to restart conversations 12-24+ hours later.
    That said, if Twitter is bringing more headache than joy, maybe it is time to get rid of it or at least take a break?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've got 2 Twitter accounts and barely time to even look at it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wrote out a comment, and Blogger ate it. :( Let's see if I can remember what I said... I have only been on in spurts lately, mostly for the reasons named above -- conversations move too quickly for me, and it doesn't feel as personal as it used to, for a number of reasons... which I won't get into here. Just know that you are not alone, and I support you in stepping away to take care of yourself. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Twitter can be a beast some times. (hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I miss a lot on Twitter. I'm sorry you were having a rough time -- I'd'a been there for you if I'd know.

    See you on Instagram!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! And I know that everyone is like that, and Twitt.er doesn't give you all the tweets of your followers (dumb algorithm) And it's really a place to just promote yourself. Honestly, it's probably the most narcissistic social media platform because it's so difficult to have a conversation.

      Ugh, it's literally just my shit.

      Delete
  16. From everything I've heard about how things can go on Twitter, I've never really had the desire to add that to my social media list. If it's not working for you and causing you stress, it's like a toxic friendship. Although from your italicized PS, it sounds as if like a toxic friendship, it's hard to leave! I think Pinterest is my new favorite social media, maybe because it doesn't involve a conversation that can turn evil way too quickly. :) I wish you luck in severing your Twitter ties.

    ReplyDelete