I leave my cubical for 2.5 minutes to heat up lunch.
I get back to find that I missed a phone call from the agency.
Pretty sure it only means one thing at this point given the conversation that occurred a couple weeks ago.
I call back with my stomach in my throat, hands shaking.
Caseworker is on the phone. (f*ck!) I leave a voicemail.
I check e-mail to see if there's a real-time e-mail coming from S telling me he's on the phone. Nope.
I start to send him a text....
My desk phone rings. It's him.
I answer, "Please tell me Caseworker called you! Give me good news!"
It's good and terrifying
The basics:
- Baby boy due at the end of August (terrifying, long time)
- Mom really likes our open attitude (yay!)
- Mom wants to meet a couple times before birth
- Mom has been engaged in counseling for a while (good - better than last year when D was trying to pretend like it wasn't all happening)
- Dad on board with adoption plan.
- Dad not in state, but appears to want some kind of communication
More details will be given to us on Monday. For us, it's a formality, this "formal presentation". We have never said No after the formal presentation. We're matched again: it feels exciting, scary, terrifying, and I'm petrified. But I want to go shopping for baby crap that we don't need! That's positive, right?
I have a dam inspection at the end of August. Figures.
Oh man Oh man!! Keeping my fingers crossed for you! Exciting, and scary, news! Hang in there.
ReplyDeleteSuzanne
oh my god, oh my god, oh my god. Yes, third time's the charm. Another boy! Oh my GOD!
ReplyDeleteOh wow! Sending you good vibes. I will be thinking of you.
ReplyDeleteWoohoo! So excited for you guys! Fingers crossed.
ReplyDeleteGreat news! Breathe! And just focus on the outcome being good for everyone!
ReplyDeleteLike I said on Twitter, I am SO stinkin excited for you. I know you're guarding your heart a little, but I'll rejoice wholeheartedly for you until you feel comfortable doing so yourself!
ReplyDeletefingers crossed and lots of good vibes your way!
ReplyDeleteI got butterflies in my stomach as I was reading this! I'm excited but scare, too. I hope this is IT for you guys! Fingers (and everything else) crossed for you. So exciting!
ReplyDeleteI am so very thrilled, hopeful, excited, nervous...EVERYTHING for you guys! *This is IT* vibes, all the time. XOXOXOXOXO
ReplyDeleteShriek! Sending 3000 good thoughts for Monday. Very exciting news.
ReplyDelete