Monday, November 25, 2013

Perfect Moment Monday - It's Been a Long Time

I haven't posted a PMM for a long time now, partly because I forget and miss the window of opportunity, and partly because this has been a shit year. We've had a failed match, I've been sick for a month, my relationship with my parents is not ideal, and I've officially lost a friendship because of infertility. To top it off, our 2-year old laptop died prompting an oh-shit-we-have-to-buy-a-new-computer scramble over the last week. 

I am so ready to kick 2013 to the curb.

But then, things like this happen, and in that moment everything is better.  A couple weeks ago, Baby X was asleep in our bed (happens on occasion when we're too tired to fight it), and he woke up before me.  S had already gotten up, and I was just starting to wake up when I felt a strange sensation on my lips.  Eyes flying open, it came again...Baby X going in for a kiss.  He did it two more times giggling all the while. 

*sigh*  So, sweet.


 
 
 
 



11 comments:

  1. Oh, thank you for this! It reminds me that it is the little, ordinary things, the moments of connection and awareness, that make up a contended life.

    The pic and the thought make me smile. Thank you for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did my earlier comment go through?

    I'm coming back to say I also hope you feel better :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Little kiddie kisses ... doesn't get any more perfect than that. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the unprompted affection from the littles. It always makes my day, even when everything has been crappy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry to hear that you haven't had a good year, but I'm glad that you found your perfect moment right here. =) I love baby kisses. Also baby giggles. They make everything better. =) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of 'perfect monents'.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's what we do it for, those baby kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! And hope 2014 is better for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww, what a perfect way to start your day. :)

    ReplyDelete