Monday, November 18, 2013

Mourning the Loss of a Reader

Google Reader, that is.  I had it all figured out and working just like I wanted.  Then it went away, and I've been using Bloglovin' since then.  But, I'm having all kinds of issues with Bloglovin, in that it's driving me bananas.  On my phone that is.  It seems ok on the computer, but since 99% of my reading and commenting is on my phone, I've just about had it with the stupid thing.  Honestly, I can't pin down exactly what's driving me nuts, but I've had increasing difficulty commenting on blogs, and the ones that are private that I've been invited to, it doesn't save the password, so I didn't even know I was missing out on posts!

Any recommendations for another reader that doesn't suck?

8 comments:

  1. I dunno, I use Feedly and it's pretty good, but I always have issues commenting on posts from my phone no matter which reader I'm using. So frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use "NewsBar". It's okay, not great. I have resorted to just having a saved tab of all the blogs I read...and opening posts from there. NewsBar is my "back up" in case I've missed something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use netvibes, but don't love it. It's like reader though, but sometimes posts take a couple of days to show up. I only use an iPad so I'm not sure how good it would be for using on a phone,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feedly is better, give it a try. But you are right, we all miss Google Reader.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm using feedly. It's fine but nothing special. It won't solve your private-blog-problem though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like Feedly well enough. My only issues is that on some blogs I have to open the post in my browser to comment or else my response just disappears.

    I also miss Google Reader. A lot. :(

    (Haha! I just lost my comment on this post! Good thing I ALWAYS copy them before I press publish!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been using The Old Reader. It looks and feels a lot like Google Reader did. It had some downtime recently that made me worry that maybe it wouldn't last, but it's back up and working.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hello, feedly!!!!! I LOVED google reader but feedly is almost as nice - clean interface, easy to delete blogs (permanently) and easy to move them around within categories (if you're a bit OCD like me)

    ReplyDelete