Thursday, August 29, 2013

Well, We Can Get On With Life

They didn't choose us. After we got a list of questions from them that seemed a little odd, we wondered if we should just withdraw our name. I wasn't feeling it and Scott wasn't feeling it. We had questions of our own that we asked mostly pertaining to medical issues and were not as accommodating as they wanted with visits. Apparently they are looking for weekly visits and there's no way we can handle that with our schedule. So, they found someone who can handle it.

I feel rejected. S doesn't and he gave me shit for taking it personally.  Too bad, it's how I feel even though I had major reservations about the match. 

So, here we are waiting again, and we have to update our home study. Great, another $500 out the window.


10 comments:

  1. :( Ugh, I'm sorry to hear this Geochick. Rejection is never easy, especially in this situation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am so sorry you weren't picked. But weekly visits would stress most family schedules. Plus since neither you or S were feeling like this situation was the one...I'd trust your gut. But, no matter what...it still sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, friend. I am so sorry. Sending hugs, and wishing I could offer some other comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, I know how you feel (not that I've gone through it yet)..
    Like you said, there is still a life to be lived with while waiting. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry. I can only imagine how tough this must be. I think weekly visits would be tough to keep up with. Hang in there friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry the match didn't happen, even if you felt some abivalence about it, it must have been devastating for it to fal through. I hope healing comes with time.

    Abiding with you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry. Weekly visits almost seem unrealistic. It's still hard to take, even if you both weren't feeling it. Hoping the right match is just around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry. We had to redo our homestudy twice while waiting for Posy and every time was awful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry. Adopting is a difficult journey.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You also have to choose what is right for you, not simply wait for someone to choose you - and had they said yes to you anyway, you can imagine how stressful it would have been to deal with their expectations. Yes, we had to renew our homestudy as well - which was a complete waste of money really.

    ReplyDelete