Monday, July 15, 2013

Cracked

I saw my brother (brother1) and his family this weekend.

We had a needed deep and uncomfortable conversation about our parents. 

We may be searching for our bio father/father's family in the near future. 

This is the first time in my life that I have identified as an adoptee. 

My first step is to try to get my original birth certificate. 

My second is to ask my mother for the information I know she has, but has not shared with us. 

I'm scared. 

8 comments:

  1. Wow. Wishing you good luck and strength in your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you the best in your journey and search!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know the back story here (if you've even shared it before), but sending hugs and positive thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck! I know your upcoming future will be filled with some anxiety, happiness and everything else inbetween. I'm glad you have your brother to help with the search as you will be able to share your feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. This is big. I mean your internal journey identifying as an adoptee.

    And also your journey to find information on your father. And maybe even your father's family.

    Kind of exciting, though, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. This is big. I mean your internal journey identifying as an adoptee.

    And also your journey to find information on your father. And maybe even your father's family.

    Kind of exciting, though, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete