Two engineers get married, delay baby-making and get hit with the unexplained infertility stick. Eight years: multiple failed cycles; 3 failed IUI's; 1 long adoption wait and successful adoption (Baby X); 2nd long adoption wait, 1 failed placement, 1 failed match and finally 1 successful placement (Baby Z). This is my story.
Sunday, April 28, 2013
Oh, and That Other Issue I've Been Having
Regarding my "Woe is Me No One Reads My Blog Post". Thanks for the responses, I forget, that much like me, many other people are reading blogs via phone, which makes commenting difficult at best, but more likely impossible. I feel a shift in my blog and I think I'm going to have to work harder at curtailing what I say, and obviously this was not a good week. Like, railing against my parents when I'm pissed off at them is probably not the best use of this space. So, I have parental-unit problems. I have to learn how to work within the problems I guess. They will never really attempt to understand what S and I have gone through and I can't let myself get sucked in when they are pretending to be supportive. At the end of the day, they don't know how.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Been there. When our second child's birth was imminent, and he is 100% bio to our daughter, and the birth parents asked us to adopt him as well, our family questioned if we were ready and prepared for a second child. I felt like screaming what part of infertility means I have zero say in any timing or number of children do you really not understand?! To not understand that we would move heaven and earth to welcome a second child, a bio sibling at that, just astounded me.
ReplyDeleteOne of the best pieces I have ever received is to learn to accept people for who they are, even when it is so far from who you yourself are. Maybe that's what you need to do with your parental units, and kind of does sound like you are doing? Learning to accept...
ReplyDeletei read your blog frequently and like you said cant comment from my ipad. But im here! i feel the same on my blog, i will get lots of views but no comments and wonder why i keep it up....
ReplyDelete