Remember when I planned a pedicure for my friends who are struggling to get pregnant and there's another friend who is pregnant who I didn't invite because of that?
One of them just announced her pregnancy.
Uh, not entirely sure what to do now.
By the way, she e-mailed me to tell me ahead of announcing it to other friends. I must say that I really appreciate that because it still is a knife twist, you know? Time to process so that my reaction is appropriate during the big announcement is always good. Not sure how the next 9 months or so will play out. I just want them all to give birth so that there's something I can relate to.
ugh ... talk about awkward. On the other hand, one would hope that she'd understand if you ask her what she thinks she ought to do, and do the right thing ... !
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry that you had to get this news!
I was hoping that too, but it didn't happen. After consulting with the other friend who had a miscarriage and would have been due Dec. 1, we decided to just leave it.
DeleteCrap!! I'm sorry :( Do whatever is going to be best for you...
ReplyDeleteThanks. We decided to suck it up and keep it as is. No use in screwing it up even more than I already have.
DeleteOne of my good friends got pregnant about 10 months ago and I could help but love all over her every time I saw her. She and her hubby were so happy, and I was so happy because we adopted our little one. Our daughter was so excited her auntie was having a baby and she would pretend she was in my tummy too. It happens in different ways for everyone. What a blessing - and you are right - baby X will have lots of people to play with soon. Our daughter loves the new baby in our life as do I.
ReplyDeleteYeah, well, I cried after reading the news. So, guess I'm not as enlightened as you are.
Delete