We were also the scrooges who didn't hand out candy this year. Honestly, after being in this house for several years and seeing the drop off in the number of trick-or-treaters (last year we had 2 groups), we've given up. There's too many schools doing stuff, the commercial block near our house blocks off the street and has their own trick-or-treat street, and those of us a few blocks away get screwed out of a Halloween tradition. It's sad in a way, because I always remember going out trick-or-treating in my neighborhood growing up and seeing all kinds of kids and parents out and about. One block over was busy, yet our street is always really quiet.
Baby X doesn't seem to mind though.

We had 15 kids. I thought with the weather being so nice we'd have more. We had close to 30 last year. I wanted to be one of those houses not giving out candy but hubby bought a huge bag of candy at the last minute. We went ToT at one house across the street, lol.
ReplyDeleteThe pumpkins look great!
We didn't have that many kids either. I bought several bags of candy and ended up giving the majority of it to my husband to take to work.
ReplyDeleteAw! Love x's costume! We never get any trick or treaters on our street ( too steep ) .
ReplyDelete