I deleted the first post about my dilemma feeling like I should clarify the situation. (sorry about that)
I discovered late last night that my blog is easily searched for online and shows up amongst other dam engineering links (like the real ones). Nothing has happened, and I don't mind if people display my link on their sidebars or anything like that. I knew that once I opened myself up to the ALI blogging community I was opening up myself to the interwebs-at-large.
My worry is that one of my colleagues or former colleagues (or potential future colleagues) will somehow stumble across my blog by accident and figure out who I am. Women make up about 10% of the engineers who practice. We tend to be memorable. :)
And I think that the setting in Blog.ger to keep my blog from showing up in search engines is broken, or Goo.gle has decided they don't count. The blog itself comes up in the search, not just links to my blog through other sites. *argh*
So, I've decided I need to come up with a title that isn't so freaking specific and has nothing to do with my career path. It's not like I ever really talk about my career either, I just love that play on words. heh. ...and then I have to change the url I'm guessing...we'll see, I'll take it one step at a time and try not to lose everyone in the process!
Ugh...stay tuned while I wrack my brain. Creativity is hardly my forte.
Yeah, I have had struggles with similar thoughts. I wish you the best!!
ReplyDeleteTotally understand! Do what you need to do.
ReplyDeleteAnd I love me some enginerd creativity so I'm curious to see what you come up with. (-;
I'm sorry this has happened. I actually quite like the title of your blog, though I totally understand your need to change it to protect your privacy.
ReplyDeleteI know what helped me name my blog was simply where I was in my IF/adoption journey.
Good luck :)
There are tons of geochicks in this world, aren't there??? I like your title personally.
ReplyDeleteAhhh, I understand now. Well, I hope I don't end up losing you when you change!!!
ReplyDelete