So, our agency is having the yearly picnic in a week and a half. Do we go? Last year we decided not to, we had just gotten used to the idea of a long wait (ha, ha, we thought we had gotten used to it) and were working on settling into life-as-normal-except-with-the-elephant-hanging-around. Yeah, totally not into it plus we suck when it comes to big groups of people we don't know. Sends both me and S running for the hills. Or beer. Or the hills with beer.
This year is a little different so here goes. My fellow A-O peeps - are you going? I'll try to convince S to go if I know some people who are going.
Side note: I knew this would happen. I'm living my life in 2-month increments because I told our caseworker that I'd like updates every 2 months. It's getting close to the next one and I'm on pins and needles. But, if we don't get it right on the 2 month mark (because yet again we're switching caseworkers), I'll be a good girl and wait until we have a meeting.
I feel your pain. I really do. I hate get-to-know-you gatherings. They are especially hard for an introvert like myself. But on the other hand, I'd be happy to get to know others going through the same thing. So I'd probably suck it up and go for that reason. I'd just grit my teeth until the already-know-you phase.
ReplyDeleteWe had our adoption fundraiser on the same day as our agency's big picnic. The year before it happened to be the same day we had our homestudy renewal with our social worker.
ReplyDeleteBut, honestly, those conflicts were happy coincidences. We would not have gone even if we were free.
The thought of sitting outside in the heat not knowing anyone and getting teary as I watched everyone else with their kids....it just isn't the way I want to spend a weekend, ya know?
If you do go though, I hope you have a great time!! :)
Hi. We really wanted to go but have a vacation planned for that weekend. I'm actually quite bummed out and it would have been fun to see you. On a side note, we are speaking at adoption class on Saturday:).
ReplyDelete