Thursday, May 6, 2010

Recap

May is a sucky month this year.  Ok, I shouldn't say sucky, I should say busy because it doesn't really suck to have a job that's running me ragged at the moment.  I should be glad I have a job.  Yeah, I'll remember that when I'm in my second risk analysis meeting of the month in a couple of weeks.  Damn things make my head hurt.

To to start off my incredibly busy month we went to Mo.ab over the weekend.  S biked, I hiked, we had good weather, we checked out the brewery and we had a fantastic dinner at a really cute little restaurant.  All in all a great weekend.  Until we hit Va.il at 6:30pm Sunday night.  The pass was closed due to accidents, so we, thinking it's just a spring storm, no big deal, stopped for dinner.  At 7:30pm, pass closed again after being opened for approximately 5 minutes (according to the nice policeman who forced us off the highway) because of a 20-car pileup.  I'm a little confused how 20 cars piled up 5 minutes after the pass opened but that's splitting hairs.  Point is, we had to drive over to Lea.dville and down to Cop.per Mountain and didn't get home until 11:30pm.  I don't really remember Monday. 


And...today I got an e-mail from our second caseworker in 1 year.  Guess what?  She's leaving the agency!  Boy are we doing well with caseworkers.

1 comment:

  1. We haven't made it to Moab yet. I didn't realize how pretty that part of the world was until we drove through Kanab to get to the Grand Canyon. One of my friends showed us pictures of the trip she took to Moab in Feb. They did an aerial tour. Gorgeous!
    Sorry about the case workers.

    ReplyDelete