Friday, November 6, 2009

Distractions

The brief 3-day trip didn't do much to stop my brain from galloping down the are-you-kidding-me-it's-only-been-4-months?!? path.  Not to mention the oh-I-really-am-jealous-of-pregnant-women path.  I didn't think I was but I ran into a situation last night that clearly showed I am.  Mostly because they get their baby before I get mine.  *sigh* 

We just received an e-mail that there's a 10-day field opportunity to relieve an engineer currently on the site.  It starts next Tuesday.  I actually considered it even though I'm completely booked next Saturday and I have enough work to do.  It's distracting!  I can essentially run away from my life (and my lame cube) for a few days!  Ok, not that I want to run away from S but you know, the day to day crap.  Besides, I like field work. 

Maybe I should seriously consider it - more ammunition for the next time I try to get a promotion.  hmmm...

1 comment:

  1. Sounds good. Distractions are the best!!! I'm sorry about the pregnancy thing. It does always creep up, doesn't it? Yuck. Especially when you've been waiting forever and people are lapping you in the kid department.

    ReplyDelete